Thursday, January 04, 2007

Le Peep

We've been to the Frisco location of Le Peep several times and loved the food, but not the service. However, the food and the service were wonderful at the E Basse location in San Antonio. Since we've only been to that location once, I don't know if we just got lucky or if it's that great all the time, but I can't wait to go back and find out. While the Frisco location is small and cramped, this one is large and airy, and best of all according to Layth, it's yellow! It's true that yellow is the prevailing color here, and though I don't love yellow the way Layth loves yellow, it works.

Layth and I like Le Peep better than the rest of the family, but K and Maya are happy to come along with us from time to time. I've had waffles in many places, but I've never loved anyone's waffles as much as I love the ones at Le Peep. Family and friends know I tend to stick to something I love rather than try new things and risk disappointment, so I always order the Belgian Waffle Combo with scrambled eggs and fruit instead of meat. Layth always orders the Funny Face Pancake. The orange juice is fresh-squeezed, the warm chocolate version of hot chocolate that they make for the children is very nice, and the cinnamon rolls (only at some locations) are rich and gooey.

This is my favorite place to go out to breakfast in Frisco, even if it is slower and more cramped than the San Antonio location.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home