Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Pursuit of Happyness

The trailers for The Pursuit of Happyness made it look like a great "feel-good" movie, so I armed myself with tissues and sat down to enjoy watching Will Smith interact with his real-life son. I did enjoy that, but until the very last minute of the movie, that was about all I enjoyed. Will Smith gave a great performance, but this movie was really depressing. There were a few light moments, but they were brief, and just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for this poor man, it did.

At the very end of the movie, we finally get to see him experience a very powerful moment of happiness, but it is just that, a moment. I wanted to see all the great things that followed that happy moment, not to go straight to the credits!

Made me laugh: Yes.
Made me cry: Yes.
Made me think: Yes.
Watchability: Somewhat inspiring but sad, and not something I'd want to put myself through again.
1-10 rating: 6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home