Friday, December 22, 2006

Inside My Heart: Choosing to Live with Passion and Purpose

I liked this book, though I'm sure it had a lot to do with the fact that I already like Dr and Mrs Phil, as I call them. I hesitate to criticize, but I do think she can be a tad unrealistic at times in her belief that any of us can achieve anything we set our minds to. I do think we can do a great deal if we set our minds to it, but there are some unfortunate people with unfortunate circumstances that need the help of others before they can help themselves. That's what I think, anyway, but I wasn't paid to write a book of my opinions, so maybe not.

In any case, I was inspired by the book, and inspiration is a good thing. It's obviously aimed at women, though, so guys, I don't think you'll get much out of it.

Made me laugh: Yes.
Made me cry: No.
Made me think: Yes.
Readability: Easy to read if you already like Dr Phil, as it provides a little insight into his life. Also easy to put down and put on hold for a while.
1-10 rating: 7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home