Monday, December 25, 2006

Flushed Away

Full of British humor and set in England, Flushed Away seems to be more popular in England, where it can still be found at many cinemas, than it is here, where we had to drive to the far side of the metroplex to find it on Christmas day.

K and I were amused and entertained by the movie, which was cleverly done and full of references that only adults would get (and some that only the British or those who have spent time there would get,) but Layth was attentive for the whole thing, aside from a few moments of restlessness in the third quarter.

I particularly liked the singing slugs, who shared my propensity to erupt into song over just about anything. Keep an eye out for the mime. I thought he was great!

Made me laugh: Yes.
Made me cry: No.
Made me think: No.
Watchability: I really enjoyed this and will probably buy the DVD for Layth.
1-10 rating: 9

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We loved this movie, too. I thought it was really cute and I liked it so much better than Charlotte's Web (I'm just a softie for the original).

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home