Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

I love it, of course! I loved the first one, I love Johnny Depp, and I especially love his portrayal of Captain Jack Sparrow. The first time I watched it, I started out thinking that the first one was more fun. By the time the movie ended, though, I loved it just as much as the first.

We had a great audience the first time we watched, and a great audience makes a great difference in the enjoyment of the film. They cheered when Captain Jack made his first appearance, laughed aloud in all the right places, clapped when appropriate, and had a very satisfactory and unanimous reaction to the ending, which I won't give away here. The second time we saw it, it was a dead audience, and it detracted from the movie to realize I was the only one laughing and to wonder what was wrong with the audience.

Justin gave away a significant part of the ending to people sitting near us the third time we saw it, but since he didn't quite give it all away, they forgave us and shared the exciting news that Chow Yun-Fat would be making an appearance in the third installment of Pirates, due out next year. Needless to say, I can't wait!

Made me laugh: Yes.
Made me cry: No.
Made me think: No.
Watchability: I see something new each time I watch, and am inevitably told something during or after the viewing that makes me realize I need to watch it again to pick up something I missed.
1-10 rating: 10!

Favorite quotes: My favorites would give too much away! My lips are sealed. Go see it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home